My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 65

I am so happy to have my kids out for spring break and a little sad knowing that Noah's senior is winding down to an end. My little man is about to leave the nest and any mother who has gone through that knows its not easy. Elijah on the other hand looks it as a place to put his toys. The child doesn't sleep in his own room so it is basically a play room anyway and he honestly thinks he is going to get another play room. I go to my normal doctor tomorrow. Hopefully we can get my meds straight and get some of the calories out of my TPN because I keep gaining weight, which by the way really sucks because normally if you gain weight it's because you enjoying some really good food, not having what smells like baby formula put in your veins. I am also going to ask him to write a referral to Mayo for my insurance. Hopefully if they get it from 2 sources they will allow it. As far as Mayo goes if anyone has any ideas for fundraiser I would appreciate all the help I can get. I have put together several fundraisers and even got media attention for people in need that grew into an amazing fund but I just don't think it is right to do anything like that for myself. As a side not to that we did just watch Here Comes The Boom and I really don't want Clint to get into MMA. He has always wanted to be a wrestler and he may very well have gone down that road if he didn't meet me. He passed on that love of wrestling not to our boys though he tried hard, instead he passed the love of wrestling to our daughter. On a totally different note next weekend my baby brother is getting married in less than 2 weeks so I hope I have the energy to go shopping for a dress. I really enjoy writing my blog and I hope you enjoy reading it. I have so many more wonderful life stories to tell and I hope you will stick around for them. Until then...
Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.