My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 54

Sorry I have not been keeping up. Elijah is getting better, slowly but surely. I wish I could say the same for me, I feel that every passing day my nausea and pain get worse and worse. I go for a post op appointment on Monday and I pray that it shows that I didn't cause any problems and have a release. I still have not heard from the neurologist about referring to Jacksonville Mayo Clinic. I am so tired of having what feels a lot like the stomach flu 24/7. I really want to get to the bottom of my condition which is all I wanted to do since I was diagnosed with idiopathic gastroparesis in 2009. I am growing so weary and so sad. I so desperately want to be the wife and mother God created me to be. I see the pain in Clint and the kids eyes and pray and wish that I could make it go away, but for the time being, gastroparesis is holding my family hostage and to me that is the worst part. I could deal with all the horrible effects of gastroparesis if my family got to stay protected from it. I know this has made us all stronger because in total weakness we find the strength of God. Everything in my past, the struggles I went through, I wouldn't change one second because it has made me the woman I am today. It brought me to my love, Clint, and it brought me my amazing precious children. Until recently it also made me into a strong, independent woman. I have to admit at one time I had a boss who turned me into a shell of a person because she was verbally abusive and even listened in on my private conversations in my office through our speaker phone and she had no idea I knew that. It took me a long time to get past that and find the strong person I had become. Before that happened I had an amazing boss that begged me not to take the promotion and it wasn't long before I understood why. I have t forgotten that I owe you the beautiful story of how God brought Clint and I together. I will get to that story but I need to go now.
Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.