My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 55

If you are on the mobile version of my blog and wish to help out in any way, you can scroll to the bottom and view full web version to get to my Paypal button, i have no idea how to put it on my mobile version, sorry for the inconvenience. I am not feeling much better today but tomorrow is my Marchaversary, a day Clint and I made after realizing getting married in December was not the best time to celebrate selfish things for ourselves. Not only do we have Christmas but Noah's birthday is the 8th and Clint's Dad's birthday is in December as well as his youngest sister January 2nd and our Elijah January 3rd. As if Christmas was not enough. So we decided to do something small for our anniversary but we normally do something for ourselves on our Marchaversary but this year that is not going to be possible because of my health and every extra penny has to go to my medical care or Noah's Graduation. If anyone has any good ideas for fundraisers I am certainly open to suggestions. Noah found out something I did so selflessly so long ago. He never knew because I never told anyone, that's what selfless is. My entire life I have done everything anyone has asked of me that I had the ability to do. The funny thing is I cannot do those things for myself. Because tomorrow is our Marchaversary I would like to share our story. If you haven't noticed, I have not shared anyone's name who is not in my immediate family and that is because it is up to those people if they want you to know who they are and what role they had to play.
 This was before Facebook or Instagram, before you could see what someone looks like and their profile before meeting. I know that tells my age but that's okay. My dear friend asked me if I would like to meet someone and I have to admit i was very weary. She told me he was a really great guy and her boyfriend asked if they could bring him to Church to meet. I figured Church was a nice mutual ground and so I agreed. That next Sunday I was so nervous. He knew I had a child and I knew very little about him. When he first saw me he thought for sure I couldn't be her, I must have been 12 with my giant green eyes, but the baby I was holding looked just like me. When I first saw him all I could think was, man I could get lost in those big blue eyes, until he turned around and his tight jeans showed off his amazing butt. I know, I was in Church, but wow what a total package. We met and I knew from the first moment I saw him, something very special was happening. We talked and set up to go on a double date in the middle of the week. Our first date was great but the most memorable thing that happened was Saturday afternoon I was debating on picking up the phone to call him and invite him to Church again. When I finally picked up the phone to dial, there he was, he called me at that exact moment. As we talked, we finished each others sentences. I can remember looking out my window and saying , "Thank You God, Thank You God." Then I saw a panther sitting in my field just lying there like it was his own, so I told Clint about it and went downstairs to check it out. Luckily it ran away instead of toward me. So at Church the next day I told my youth director's wife that was him. Throughout the service she has a scowl on her face, no matter how good he looked what he had done to me was so far beyond wrong. She thought he was the father, but when she found out who he really was she was very happy for me. As we dated we were both very apprehensive. We had both been hurt so much before that trust, even though we were both very trusting people, didn't come easy at that point. We would talk for hours about nothing and about everything. We spent a lot of time talking about the Bible and God. We became best friends and I knew how much I loved him, but I was so afraid because I had been so hurt in the past by so many stupid decisions. I had a dear friend who truly loved me but I couldn't see it. I had loved him but was sure he had me in the friend zone. Anyway, my friend was at my house visiting and I wanted him to meet Clint and ask his opinion. When he saw the way Clint and I looked at each other and saw the way we were connected, he knew and I never saw him again. I was so young and naive, Clint told me that my "friend" was in love with me and he couldn't believe I didn't know it. I guess I was oblivious to everything that was not Clint. We met in February and in May I was ready to tell him I loved him. I did not want to be the first to say it but I could no longer hold it in. I went and bought a single red rose to tell him I loved him. I knew he had a special date planned and I was ready 3 hours early. It was a good thing because he showed up 3 hours early and the words that came out of my mouth were, "What are you doing here?" He thought it was because I didn't want him there then I explained I was just startled because he was so early, but I was ready so early. Anyway, he said he had a surprise for me. He walked me to his truck and had 16 red roses to tell me he loved me, on that very day. At first I said, you have got to be kidding me. He looked confused so I took him in the house and gave him the single red rose I had gotten to tell him I loved him on the same day, at the same time. This was also before The Bachelor  so it meant so much more. That was May 5th 1995. After that God showed us time and again we were meant for each other, in the smallest things to the biggest things. We constantly had moments like the roses to let us know we were chosen by God before time to be together. We talked about marriage as a possibility and he asked when and out of my mouth I blurted December and he said but when in December and i said the 16th. Later when I got home I looked at a calender and December 16th happened to be on a Saturday. I was in college and it happened to be the Saturday after finals. But he still had not proposed. I thought for sure he would do it on my birthday September 8th, but Clint always does the unexpected. Later in September Clint had to go to the dentist and we were going out that evening. He did go to the dentist, it just didn't take as long as he made out for it to take because he made a special errand. He picked me up and we were going to the Outback but he wanted to make a quick stop at his apartment, so there I was sitting on the corner of his couch he went to the back and was acting kind of nervous but then he came out and got down on one knee, showed me the ring and asked me to marry him and I responded, " You don't know how long I have waited to hear this." He responded, "well? you still haven't given me an answer." to which I said, " Yes, a thousand times Yes!" Since that day he has pampered me and treated me like a queen. He would hold the door open for me, but I had to get used to waiting for him to hold the door for everyone that happened to be going through. To this day he opens the door for me. When I was working, I would come home to dinner prepared, a clean house, homework taken care of, a bubble bath waiting for me and my clothes layed out for the next day. Since I have been ill he does everything in his power to take care of me. There is so much more to our story and it daily unfolds. We love each other more each passing day. I forgot to mention he had my ring designed just for me. It was the ring in Bride Magazine for the year but it had a marquise diamond in the center and he had them replace it with a pear diamond because that was my only request. It looks more like a crown than a ring and he has held me on a pedestal ever since. He is so sweet, loving, caring, and most of all thoughtful. Everything he does is for our family. He never has any selfish notions. He puts everything he has into his work and no matter what the job he sets out to become the best in the world at it and does exceedingly so, while never uplifting himself or boasting in any way. When God brought me My Love, He brought me the most amazing man on the face of this earth. I could go on for days and days about how wonderful Clint is and how many times he has gotten the short end of the stick because he is such a good guy, people use him. The most beautiful thing about him is that he is not naive, he knows when he is being used, but he is such a good guy that he doesn't bat an eye, he just makes sure not to be put in the same position again. He could have taken many different jobs where he would have to go off for a period of time and make much more money than he does now, but our family is one who sticks together. To this day neither of us can stand the thought of spending even one night away from each other. I guess we are the exception, not the rule. Like I said, I could go on and on, but here is where I will end. I need my medicine. I hope this will help you understand why I must be healed.
Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.