My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 43

This is going to be a short post because I fell asleep with my computer I'm my lap last night in the middle of my post. I slept most of the day yesterday last night and most of today and the crazy thing is I am ready to go back to sleep now. I pray that Amy is doing better and her family is in good spirits. I spent the small part of the day that I was awake searching for my thermometer because I know I have to keep a close eye on my temp and I kept going from being freezing to burning up. I finally found a disposable thermometer in my first aid kit and my temp was normal. Clint is going to get me a thermometer tomorrow and I am going to get my nurse out here. I have so much stuff I have to take care of from financial stuff to Noah's graduation to Hope's drivers Ed to Elijah's school and so on and so forth and I only have so much energy and I only have so much time in one day that I can be up and lucid and take care of stuff so I have to cram what normal people do on a week into 2 or 3 hours tops and remember what I did and what still needs to be done and I have to admit it gets to be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes people expect me to be the Betsy I was before I got sick, the mom that took care of everything, the wife that was a strong support and took care of what needed to be done, the friend that was there to listen and let God speak through me and use me to help other people. We have never had much financially but our children are proud of our quaint home. Now more people show up more than ever before and it is not the clean fresh home I used to keep. This house was so clean when we got home from New Orleans and just the act of me setting up my medical equipment and supplies took up half of the living room. I said I was going to keep this short and here I am going off on a tangent when I need to get my medication started because my pain is overwhelming me right now and it is making it difficult to breathe so I need to go and get some rest from all the resting I have been doing. That sounds just plain crazy but some day are just plain crazy. I know God will heal me in His time and right now I need to follow His will, read His Word, and live His Truth!
Lots of love
And Laughter,
Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and keeping you and family in my prayers.
    Regina Whitton

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.