My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 41

I am so glad to be spending the weekend home with my family. I feel the stitch itch meaning they are healing and I am doing everything I can not to scratch. We are catching up on our favorite shows and I am trying not to do much of anything. Elijah had a breakdown earlier because Hope gave him back a noise and light gun he got from the circus 2 years ago and it was under his blanket and he stepped on it and broke it. Well that was the straw that broke the camel's back and he just started sobbing. I got down on the floor with him just to hold him and that's when I realized I had surgery a week ago and that wasn't a good idea, but I could not get up. His foot was hurting and I tried to make him let me look at it but he refused. It reminded me of the time Noah was Elijah's age and he was down at the neighbors house climbing a tree I told him was not a good idea to climb. He fell out of the tree and started loudly crying. I ran down there and all he could talk about was the hole in his favorite dinosaur shirt because he knew we couldn't replace it. I got him home and finally convinced him to take the shirt of and that was when I saw the real problem. He landed on a stick and had a huge gash in his chest. I thought we should go to the ER but he kept saying he didn't hurt he just couldn't quit crying about his shirt. To this day he has a scar on his stomach, he grew but the scar stayed low. That story reminds me of yet another story. We went into a store that had small buggies and I strapped then 3 year old Hope into the buggy and before I could stop Noah, he stood up on the side of the buggy. He pulled the buggy down on top of himself and Hope's face bounced twice on the concrete floor I got her out of the buggy as quick as I could, she was screaming so loud and there was blood coming out of her nose and her mouth. I was panicking and they called an am ambulance, by that point I realized Noah was still on the floor under the buggy. I kept asking him if he was hurting anywhere and he kept saying he was fine. He was so still and quiet in the ambulance and the look on his face told me be was in pain and he was scared. After we left the ER he finally admitted he hurt, he could have broken a rib, he did at least bruise them but he was so scared because he thought it was all his fault and that he hurt his baby sister, probably even broken her nose. He would not say he was hurt because he was so scared of getting in trouble and medics look a bit like cops and he thought he was going to jail. Hope turned out to be just fine, no concussion amazingly, and no scars on her beautiful angelic face. He has always been so sweet natured, always worried about others, never himself. Going all the way back to pre-k he would put himself between bullies and the kids being bullied because he would rather getting hurt himself instead of seeing someone else get hurt. After a while he became the object of bullies but still said he would rather get hurt instead of anyone else. Even when someone would hit him and we told him it was okay to defend himself, he would not hit anyone because he didn't want to hurt them, even the ones that hurt him. This is a glimpse into Noah's amazing sweet nature and I still have to tell you how he saved my life... Still a story for a other day.

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.