My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 58

Have you missed me? I am sorry I dropped of the planet for the weekend, but I am here now.  We are in New Orleans for my post-op visit and the surgeon said everything looked really good from a surgical point of view but I could tell from the tone of his voice, tilt of his head, and look on his face that he wanted to be able to do so much more for me. You don't see that often in doctors anymore. When I told him we were working on getting a referral to the neurologist at Mayo in Jacksonville to hopefully get to the cause of the problem maybe then I would get some relief it seemed to give him hope. I have to say I have been at this for so long and looking for some inkling of hope from so many places and people, it was odd for me to be the one to give hope to a renowned physician. We will head home tomorrow and start the process all over again to find true help, but for now the pacer and all its parts are removed and I have healed nicely from the surgery. God has been giving us food all day today. We went to McDonald's and Clint and Elijah ordered food and I wanted a large coke, the order was just for a large drink on the meal and so the manager just gave us an extra cup. We went to Krispy Kreme hoping the Hot Now light was on, it was not, so we ordered the special 1 dozen glazed and 1 dozen mixed and before we left they gave Elijah a hat and a balloon and us an extra dozen doughnuts. Tonight we ordered Domino's and got 2 large pepperoni in addition to what we ordered. If only I could eat and enjoy without the knowledge of the sever pain and nausea to ensue. I do know it's Gods little way of telling me to worry not, not only am I going to heal you but I am going to provide for your every need and fulfill the desires of your heart. I know this because the desires of my heart are in line with Gods will and I have prayed for years that if my desires were not His desire for me that He would take it away and instead it is so close I can close my eyes and see it so clearly, even smell it. Poor Elijah zonked out about 7 and we tried to get him up to eat because he was the one who wanted the Domino's but he is out cold. We are staying at the Ramada in Metairie this time and I don't think I want to stay anywhere else. With most hotels down here costing $300 to $600 and up a night, we paid $104 a night and it is the cutest little boutique hotel. Smell clean and feels clean. I love it. Anyway, I feel I have rambled enough and so for now I bid you adieu.
Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Betsy. I'm glad you got a good report on the healing. Y'all be careful coming back.

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.