My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 40

Sorry I did not write yesterday and it is 20 minutes until tomorrow but I wanted to write. I am starting to heal from my surgery and it doesn't even feel like there is an empty space where the objects were removed. I know I still have to be very careful just putting a load of clothes on to wash and to dry made me feel very ill. Thank God I have the most amazing children in the world, they took care of the house work so Clint didn't have spend his whole weekend after getting back from the long difficult weeks of taking me to New Orleans, caring for me there, and this week all of the care I needed here.I know this pacer removal is going to cure me anymore than having the pacer implanted would. It was designed to only help with the symptoms and it did a great job for 6 months. I am ready to move on to the next stage of my healing process. i hope it doesn't take as long to get to Mayo in Jacksonville as it took to get to Ochsner. I have been round and round with no real help. I know that is going to change soon. I also feel like we are going to have the financial breakthrough we so desperately need. Asking people for help is such a humbling experience, but I know it is part of the process God wants to bring us through to refine us into the people He created us to be. You may not believe in God, but I have seen so much proof of Him in our lives. Everyone that I know of that were Atheists and went on a quest to disprove God, could only find proof that He is real. I don't want to step on anybody's toes or anything. I just believe what I believe and know what I know. My religion? No, I have a personal relationship with The Most High God, the One who created the universe and all of its mysteries. The One who created us. We were created for a loving relationship and given a free will because love is not true if it is forced. We were given the option, love and be loved, or ignore, refuse, or whatever we choose. Most "Church" people look down their noses at others for so many reasons but the truth is those "church" people are no different, no better than anyone else. Christ was the only One who came to this world without sin and took our sin upon Himself on the Cross so we could have a loving relationship with our Heavenly Father. To me no one sin is worse than any other, and sin condemns us to an eternity without God, an agonizing eternity that by one simple act of love we can avoid. I did not start this blog to preach and did not even start this post to head in that direction. That being said, my hope, prayer, and belief for healing comes directly from that God. So I hope you embrace my words and follow me through my healing.

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.