My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 4 after healing

     I am so excited for things to come, but right now I must take baby steps. I am restored, like I have a brand new digestive system. New like a newborn baby, so baby steps are necessary. I don't know how long it will take for my strength to be restored but I am healed. The next step is to go to my doctor, Tuesday, this Tuesday, let him check me out and set up a gastric emptying test. The proof is in the pudding, but I really don't need any more proof. I have been eating and having no trouble holding it down for the first time in a very long time. I cannot wait until the whole world knows what God has done for me, and my family. I have some family members who probably don't care if I lived or died. But the majority of my family including most of my aunts and uncles adore me. My husbands family adores me. They called or texted to check on me almost every day. So did my dearest and closest cousin, Misty. True love shows concern. At the very least, many friends and extended family let me know they were praying for me. I always say praying is not the least you can do, it is the most you can do! I still have to go see my Granny. Just before I went into surgery I called her and asked her to pray over me that when the surgeon removed the line, that God would touch me and heal me. She is the most Godly Woman I know. She is 93 and has such a strong spirit. She is the one that used the word, restored. Just before that I was talking to my Aunt Ann and had her pray over me. She said she and Bubba would continue to pray for me. After talking to Granny, I had the biggest smile on my face and the doctor walked in and asked what I was smiling about. I told him my Granny just prayed over me. That kind of smile, a God smile, just before surgery must have seemed strange to the doctor, but I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what God was going to do, and my Granny got to live to see my miracle and tell the world about it, even pray over me for it!!
     The night before radiology was going to take out my line. I cried tears of such sorrow, believing how someone so close to me could be so cruel. I mean, at least they could have pretended to say they were praying for me, anything. Instead, they showed their true colors, they don't give one iota about me. They are cruel and selfish to the core. This was not something they could run in and get the glory for so they blatantly ignored me. I have fought so long to try to make them love me, and my daughters heard how ugly they were to me at my Daddy's Memorial. I cried then as I do now, knowing I would have to let them go. I cannot make someone love me and I shouldn't have to. So, after all is done, I will likely never see them again, and so I cried. The next night, the night before the surgeon was to remove my line, I had nothing but tears of joy, knowing what was to come. Sorrow preceded a failed procedure that if one more cut was made, the line would have been lost in me, the surgery much more invasive, and the fear of part of my line lodging in my heart for likely a long time. But, thank God, they had the wisdom to stop. The next night tears of joy preceded a successful surgery and a complete healing, restoring. God gets all of the glory here! Thank you for reading, sticking with me and beliving. Your prayers have kept me going all this time. God will surly bless you! Don't worry, there is so much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.