My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 37

Ok, so I am home and on my computer instead of my IPhone so hopefully this post will make since and not get erased before I can share it.  I spent much of the day sleeping and I am ready to go to bed.  I can feel my body slowly healing from the surgery and I am going to do everything I can to speed that process along.  I had a really good view from my room.  When we got home the house was spotless and our Hopie had a sweet letter for each of us. with her permission I would like to share my letter. It reminded me of when I had the surgery to have the pacer implanted and was so unsure if I was going to survive that. I wrote everyone a letter just in case I did not get to tell them all of the things I needed to. I knew the kids would have each other and Clint, but I also knew while Clint would be there for the kids, he would have no one there for him and that broke my heart. When I would think of Elijah I could only think of that Joshua Kaddison song, "All He Wants is Mamma's Arms." because that is all he wanted and I could not hold him.  Because of that he and hope grew closer than ever.  I still worry about Clint because we really just have each other. He is not only the love of my life but my best friend.  Ladies are always flirting with him and even blatantly throwing themselves at him, but all he talks about is his beautiful, sweet, amazing wife. He has always held me on a pedestal and even tells people I am the reason for our children's good looks and brilliance. He always tells me I am the most beautiful woman in the room where ever we are. After 17 years of marriage we still have that ooey, gooey love but at the same time we are the best of friends. I have no doubt God brought us together and we keep Him as the center of our marriage. Our story is one for another day, if I recall i still have to tell you the story of how Noah saved my life, but that is his story too so I have to get his permission. I cannot forget to call and set up a follow up appointment for 2 weeks tomorrow and get the Neurologist to refer me to Mayo in Jacksonville, Florida to the Autonomic Neuropathy Guru because he did not just want to throw a treatment at me. especially a dangerous one if he did not know if it would do any good. This is going to be some busy month because we have to come up with a real fundraiser to get us to Florida. I also have to order Noah's Graduation Invitations and I wanted to do them like Laura did for her boys, like an Album Cover but we are running out of time and we can't afford the pictures so we will use the simple ones if we can still order them and put a single picture in them. Plus we have to get everyone's address, find and pay for housing, pay for Hope's Driver's Ed, find Noah a vehicle, and so on and so forth. But this is what I am going to do. Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all of these things shall be added unto you." We don't just believe Him for a miracle in my healing as my Jehovah Rapha -The God who Heals. We also believe Him for a miracle in our finances as our Jehovah Jireah-  The God who Provides. it is funny when you get into God's word and the same thing you read will be preached in a sermon on TV or in church that very Sunday, or maybe it coincides with your life group lesson. I am willing to let God use me however He pleases, and if that is from my sick bed right now that is okay, as long as I stay in the center of God's perfect Will. When we were so broke, neither one of us had a job, we just lost our business, and did not have a dime in the bank, I went from waking up in a panic every day saying, what are we going to do today, to a place where I would wake up excited saying, What are You going to do today God? because when we had nothing, God took care of us, none of our necessities ever got cut off and we had more food in our pantry than we had ever had in our lives. So as I close, ask God, What are You going to do today? I promise you won't regret it!

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.