My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 17

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me. Today my pain is not as bad as it was yesterday but my nausea is what I cannot get under control today. It is hard to say which is worse. I know most people would vote pain is worse, but I have never in my life experienced nausea like gastroparesis nausea. It consumes your whole body, you try to ignore it, you try not to let it send you into a fit of dry heaving where you pull muscles in you chest and back, you try not to let it cause heart palpitations, but most of all you try not feel it. You take all your medication and sometimes the medicine prescribed to stop the nausea makes it worse. I know there are so many people that are in worse health than me. To each person their burden is heavier than anyone else can imagine. I have a dear friend who is far more ill than me in many ways, but the first words out of her and her family's mouth is, "What can I do for you?" I pray for them daily and though her burden is so great, she has such a strength in her voice. I pray God chooses to heal her because she is one of His most precious gifts. We have another dear friend who is equally as ill and he constantly sends me little things he knows I like just to let me know he is thinking of me. He has done so much for our family and we love him dearly. I know God is my healer and my provider and He knows all my needs. I just spent a little time rifling through piles of papers to find the title to Noah's vehicle that does not run so he can sell it and hopefully get a good enough vehicle to get him back and forth from LA Tech. We have not found it, but that tiny bit of work wore me completely out. I wish with all my heart and soul that we could buy him a fairly new vehicle because he truly deserves it. It won't be long and the little man that saved my life will be out on his own. He is known as The Tutor but he is limited on what he can do because of the vehicle situation. He walks to the Jr. High, even in freezing rain, and either stays at school even though he gets out at 11:20 or waits until after 5 when Clint gets home to tutor at the High School. He is amazing in the way he tutors because he goes above and beyond by going to the teachers to get their perspective and then figures out how each of these kids learn and then show them how to teach themselves. He is very devoted to the Lord, very devoted to his family, and very devoted to his sweet, wonderful girlfriend. How this this amazing child save my life? Well, that is another story for another day. I am going to try to get this nausea to a place where I can bear it. We are  still trying to raise money for my surgeries in New Orleans and I have set up an event page on Facebook. I have a donation account at Capital One. The Betsy A. Hutson Donation Account. I have also finally figured out how to set up a Paypal button and I will try to post it on here as well.

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Betsy

    I'm glad your pain was less severe yesterday. My vote for which is worse - pain or nausea - would have to be nausea. Whenever I have that, I usually feel more sick while throwing up, which makes me throw up even more. I've tried suppositories, but for all the good they did, I might as well have been shoving them up where the sun doesn't shine.

    I'm looking forward to reading and/or hearing about how Noah saved your life. As you've said before, and as I'm beginning to realize more and more every time I read your blog or talk to Clint, you have an amazing family. That's something to be VERY thankful for.

    I hope today will be a good day for you, with no nausea and tolerable pain levels. No pain is what I really wish for you, but that's probably not being realistic - not for now anyway. But that day is coming.

    Thank you for putting up this blog. This gives me a way to keep up with how you're doing without having to ask Clint. There have been times when I'd ask him how you're doing and I could see the hurt in his eyes and hear it in his voice. He's a good man, and I'm glad our paths have crossed.

    Gotta get back to work now. Keep the faith.


    - Doug -

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.