My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 23

7 days left and I am nervous, excited, and have that feeling where you just want to hold your breath. I have to admit today has been quite unpleasant. Some days it is my nausea, some days my pain, but today has been a constant barrage of nausea, pain, and a massive migraine. I know I have to keep it together and I absolutely cannot get a fever or any other problem to postpone surgery. I am so thankful for all the words and prayers and donations we so desperately need. I wrote a very long and you wouldn't believe it condensed story but today is not the day to share. My baby girl needs my help because this straight A top of every class student is being given a bad grade in a class that she goes above and beyond to do good in. Even when they have a group project and everyone in the group share the grade, some people in the group do not do their part, so Hope does it because she will take nothing less than an A. I will not be here to help next week so I pray God will allow me the strength to go correct this problem.

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy






1 comment:

  1. Greetings Betsy. Nervous and excited are okay. You'll do just fine. Please try not to stress too much. I know only too well that that's a lot easier to say than to accomplish, but the less you stress and worry, the easier it'll be to tolerate whatever comes your way. Stay positive and rest assured that LOTS of folks are praying for you. If there is ANYTHING I can do for y'all next week, just call or email me, or send a smoke signal if that fails. Let Hope and Noah know that it's okay for them to call if they need anything.

    - Doug -

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.