My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 28

The day before the big trip. I wish we could have found some place cheaper to stay since we will be down there for who knows how long, but I am not taking any chances on a city like New Orleans. I normally contact a social worker at the hospital and get a list of all the places that give a discount but Ochsner had no such thing. Last year I went on Home Away and found a beautiful 3 bedroom 3 bath 2700sqft townhouse with a garage and country club access with 2 amazing pools and lots of other great perks. I just got through packing my medical supplies that don't need to be refrigerated, that tool a whole large suitcase. Now I am resting and running IV meds while the family went to Walmart to get food and supplies. Thank goodness Hope is going to pack Elijah up because I still have to pack for myself. New Orleans here we come... Don't let me down!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Betsy

    Y'all be careful. Keep me posted on how it's going.

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.