My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 224 Still alive and kicking

Despite their best efforts the local emergency room was not effective in killing me. I am glad to have the use of my central line back. It is much easier to keep my nausea under control with the use of my meds. What happened to me last week really wants me to fight for people in my position because doctors cannot help what they do not understand. If no one is able to speak up about rare diseases that most physicians overlook not because they are bad physicians but simply because they do not know. Some have a God complex but I believe most are just doing the best they can to treat all of their patients and when they are told by a mentor that these odd or rare conditions are simply the new drug seekers then they adopt the view without asking the hard questions because most people I know with gastroparesis avoid the ER like the plague due to this. If their condition is deteriorated to the point that they must go to the ER it is because they have exhausted every avenue available to them and they have no choice. By the time they get to this point the medication needed is suspect to the physician who has not seen them throw up so much and so hard that they have pulled muscles and they are on the floor crying because they are doubled over in pain that they can not get rid of on their own. I know this because I have been there so many times. I have to get myself together to make my daughter's sweet sixteen more than she could dream. I also have to get my self together so I can start my foundation and turn the world on its ear and help everyone understand the truth about rare diseases and what patients go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.