My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 205

Hello everyone, I would like make a change of pace on my blog today.  Talking about how sick I am or the awful things I am going through is not going to help anyone.  The moment I wrote those two simple sentences, taking my focus off of myself and my need and as Matthew 6:33 so eloquently states, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Our funds were depleted, we couldn't pay all of our bills, we did not know how we were going to put gas in our car for Clint to get to work, and we had almost no food left in the house.  I normally wouldn't share that personal humiliation but that humbleness and in those two sentences letting go of all of my issues a very dear friend who does not even have access to my blog knocked on my door with a check for $300.00. I cannot tell you how many times God has fulfilled our every need when I stopped asking, "What are we going to do today?" in a pessimistic attitude to expectantly asking, "God, What are you going to do today?!?" About 15 years ago, God had me memorize Matthew 6: 25-34 without a clue of how much He would use it in my life. He had me memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and I have striven to personify the wife of noble character depicted. When I created my own line of cookies, "Heaven's to Betsy's Gourmet Cookies" on every cookie we sold or every tub of cookie dough we sold we added a verse, Matthew 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Little did I know that verse would be for me years later when I would be unable to hold down any bread or food of any kind.
I have always know to make plans but expect God to chance them at any given moment. That first paragraph of this post was just that.Back to the reason behind this post is I want to hear all of your voices. I you or a friend is ill, I want to know about it. Either by my comment section, on Facebook, on Twitter or anyway you can get in touch. I also need your vision for the name of my foundation. Remember it is to connect patients with patient advocates so they do not have to fight for the care they need while fighting for their lives. I am trying to plan our first fundraiser along with a prayer meeting for healing, any and all are welcome to come and pray, or if you have a need we will be happy to pray for you as well. Please respond quickly because I need to get the name of my foundation registered with the government and my by-laws and all of that other legal mumbo jumbo taken care of. I cannot wait to hear all of your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.