My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 211

After yesterday I slept most of today and woke up in severe pain that refuses to go away no matter what I throw at it. I know my condition inside and out. I know and understand more about it than most physicians in this country. I now know what true starvation feels like. I also know when my cycle gets to a certain point that I want to do nothing more than eat and whatever I may eat just makes me want to eat something more. It is like having such a strong craving that cannot be filled by any morsel. I also learned years ago that when I feel that way it is because my body is in rejection mode. When I find myself wanting to eat everything in sight I know it is because I am digesting absolutely nothing. Everything I shove down my throat sits in my stomach and makes the next stage of my cycle so much worse, leading to pain I cannot control, impactions, migraines and the rest of my symptoms magnified. I also learned if I catch the starvation symptom and refuse to give in to it, to refuse to let a bite of food enter my mouth, then the next stage is so much more mild and goes away very quickly. Recently I have been unable to keep myself from eating, like I have lost all of my self control. I learned after my heart palpations started that no meal was worth my life and was able to dig my heels in and not eat there was even a long period of time when I could not eat anything. I have always been a huge foodie but I understood my condition enough to let it go for a time. Now even though every time I pull muscles throwing up, every time I get food stuck in my esophagus and it won't go up or down, every time I have heart palpitations at that moment I remember no food is worth my life I am having trouble remembering that when I want to eat. Even though I know "man shall not live by bread alone..." and Jesus tells us when you fast, not if you fast but when you fast. I feel so weak and helpless. Please pray that I will be able to let go of food for this time so I can live to enjoy it with my family when the time comes. Pray that I will stop torturing my my body because I can no longer stand to be curled up in a ball in pain. I know God will heal me in His time, I just really hope it is sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.