My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 4

We went to the doctor this morning and finally got a referral to Ochsner. Now we just have to wait and hear when we get an appointment. The biggest thing I want to tell you about the doctor visit is indeed the sweetest. Clint drove me and we took Elijah. Elijah sat quietly while the doctor examined me and we talked then as he was walking out the door Elijah spoke up...his words? "Than you for taking care of my mommy." This child is something else. All my children are.Noah wrote recorded and sent me a special song but he doesn't want me to share it. In 2011 when I was in the hospital before TPN I knew how close to death I was, but I though I had it hidden from my children. When I got home Hope came to me and she told me she thought I was going to die. That broke my heart because even though I knew how sick I was, I didn't want them to know. Several nights Hope stayed with me in the hospital and we had a blast. For Mothers Day, Noah made me a painting and I hung it on my hospital wall and got to wake up to that every morning. While I was in the hospital I fought tooth and nail to get to the Mayo Clinic. Here I was fighting for my life and I had to fight to get the care I needed. Finally I got the authorization but for some reason they sent me to the Scottsdale, AZ clinic. While God gave us tickets to fly through a wonderful family, A beautiful 3 bedroom 3 bath townhouse with country club benefits including 2 beautiful pools and a putting green on our balcony, and the money we needed to rent a car and feed our family, it was the wrong Mayo Clinic. The physician didn't even run all the tests he said he would run and messed up my nose even worse with an NG tube that went down to my intestines. The conclusion was what I already knew, both my stomach and small intestines were essentially paralyzed and my insurance that approved the visit didn't pay for it. Did I mention we were in Arizona in the middle of July? Not such a great time to be there. Maybe if we went to Mayo in Minnesota we would have had different results, but we would not have met the people we met. One lady told me her job was to set up cookie stores for Mrs. Fields and she was retired and when I was ready I could call on her   to help with reviving my cookie business. We met many people, strangers would come up to us, to me and tell me things like their daughter specialized in cases like mine and he knew I was going to get well. Back to when I was in the hospital here, my nurses would spend a whole lot of time in my room telling me it is just so peaceful in here. I know that was the holy spirit with me. Sometimes in the ER, a Nun would walk past my room and turn around in their tracks and tell me they were just drawn to my room. God is with me and He will heal me, I hope many people will be blessed by this blog and stay with me the entire journey!

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.