My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 1

Journey with me as I grow and see my healing come to pass. God wants to use me and I am ready for whatever He has in store for me. If you are reading this I pray you are ready what He has in store for you. Long before I got to the point I am now, spending most of my time laying on the couch in pain, hungry and weak; I had my own line of cookies, Heaven's to Betsy's Gourmet Cookies, and on every cookie or tub of cookie dough we sold was a verse God gave me, Matthew 4:4, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Little did I know in just a few short years I would be living on no bread, no food. I have met strangers who have given me hope in the strangest circumstances. I have so many people praying for me and I hope they all follow this blog. One lady took a prayer for me to the wailing wall in Jerusalem. My baby brother Micah and his fiance as they prepare for their upcoming wedding are fasting for 21 days and praying for my healing. Before I go any farther I want to introduce you to myself and my family. I am Betsy, a wife, mother, and I have done many things in my short life, but none more important than my family. My amazing husband, Clint, is my joy when I want to despair, the my love of more than a lifetime, my best friend. He is always talking about me, everywhere he goes and making many ladies jealous that this wonderful man is taken and still so in love. Everywhere we go together he tells me I am the most beautiful woman in the room. Even when I am in my sweats, unwashed hair in a ponytail, and no makeup, knowing I am so pale he still sees me as the most beautiful person there and says, "Isn't it amazing how beautiful you are like this, imagine if you are all made up like these people, you would really blow them out of the water." or, " You are so blessed not to have to wear makeup and still be so beautiful." Anyway, you get the point. Our family has so much fun, just being together. Our oldest son, Noah is 18 and set to graduate at the top of his class this year. He intends to go into Bio-medical Engineering and Nano Technology to find a cure for me. He also plans to continue mission work. He is brilliant and and diversely talented between art, music, and so many other facets. Our daughter, Hope is 15 and brilliant and amazing in her own way. Since I have been sick she has been a constant for our youngest, Elijah. She cooks and cleans because she knows I cannot. She doesn't ask for praise, she just does it. Last year she canceled her own birthday party because she knew I could not handle it. Then there is Elijah. He just turned 7 and is the reason for this blog. When he was born he and I were as close as a mother and child could be. He completed our family and I cannot look at him without smiling. I call him stinkerlicious because he has his daddy's way of being a stinker but he is so funny. He loves music and has already written his first book that he intends to make into a movie and tv series. He is so smart it is scary. When he was 3 he described the rain cycle to me and got it correct. Since then he has explained so many things to me that are exactly right that can only be explained as innate wisdom. Recently he described being in my tummy and got that dead on too, he says he remembers it and I have to believe him because there is no other way he could know what he does. If you are still with me, I will try not to make my other entries so long. But I hope you will follow me in this exciting new journey. I will try to write every day and update you on my status as I go. How many days until I am healed? Only God can answer that, but He will, you wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.