My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 10

Today has given me a renewed hope, and though I am exhausted from the long journey, it was well worth it. We stayed at the hotel connected to Ochsner and though the rooms were small and pricey, they were freshly remolded and comfortable. It was very convenient but I know you are not reading this for my hotel stay. The visit with Dr. Richardson was amazing and as extremely busy as his nurse was she went above and beyond to set up all the appointments I need and my surgery in the same couple of days. My tentative date to return is February 18th. This is the first time ever, since any of my doctor visits, that everybody was in-sync and most attentive to my particular needs. Please pray for a lady named Mary in Port Gibson. We stopped at a convince store there and I could tell she was in distress so I asked. She has had a headache for over a month and she cannot get it to go away. She works 2 jobs and her doctor told her she had to quit one of her jobs so please pray for Gods blessing on her. I have spent the last 2 years with hurry up and wait and to have things happening so quickly is almost overwhelming. We have to raise the money to get there somehow, then get ready for my baby brothers wedding in Alabama, then get ready for Noah's graduation and college. We took Elijah and  he was so good. Noah and Hope stayed home to go to school but when we got home this house was immaculate. Things that have been so out of placed and disheveled for so long because I could not take care of it and things I did not even know needed to be done were done in just 2 days along with their schoolwork and everything else they had to do. I have the most amazing family! I know I am so immensely blessed and I hope my words can bless you! I am so happy to take you on this journey with me.

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Betsy

    This is GREAT news. I'm so glad things went so well for you.

    I won't post it here, but I have told Clint how I intend to help out on your next trip to the hospital. I haven't had a chance to check with my much older sister about availability of her time-share, but will talk to her about it this week.

    I'm glad y'all had a safe trip and stayed ahead of the bad weather.

    Gotta get back to work now. Have a GREAT day.

    - Doug -

    ReplyDelete

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.