My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 192

Here is something funny. Two days ago I was very upset at how things were being handled by my insurance and I wrote a very angry post. For some reason my post was incomplete and not even published. God protects us even from ourselves sometimes. It is almost 3 am and I want nothing more than to go to sleep but I cannot so I thought I would write. We are not going to the Mayo Clinic because between February and now my insurance company could not seem to get enough information to pay. Even though I called sometimes several times a week, sometimes several times a month. Even though the head neurologist at Ochsner, New Orleans is the one who referred me because he did not specialize in my rare condition and he knew this doctor did. From day 1 I have had to fight to get the care I need while fighting for my life and I came very close to losing both. No one should have to go through what I live and I fear it will just keep getting worse because healthcare in America is just like everything else, all about money and self gain. I wish I knew what to do to change this. I wonder if there is anything anyone can do. If the right people read this and care enough to make it newsworthy it can make a difference. Are you willing to help me help those who don't know how to fight for the care they need before they lose their life? Murder and death and violence make the news all the time. Well, this is just a much crueler version of that because it is done in hospital rooms by doctors, insurance companies and politicians who want to line their pockets. I want to be a voice for those who do not have one but I can only do that if each and every one of you help. Share this blog with everyone you know. I think I heard once that you are 17 people away from anyone in this world, you just have to choose the right combination of people. Help me see if that is true and I will keep you informed on how you helped change the world. 

Lots of Love
And Laughter,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.