My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Anger is not the answer

I hate what I have been through and what it has put my family through but in the end it was all worth it to receive a genuine miracle from God! Through my personal experience I know I have to be a voice for those who have no voice, and advocate for those with rare diseases many doctors simply don't fully understand and assume they must not be real. My husband has witnessed many instances where doctors said there was nothing wrong with a patient and the patient died only after which the doctor says, "oh, this is what was wrong with them" We live in a relatively small town and if that happens so much here then I cannot imagine on a global scale how much it must occur. Not only have I had doctors that didn't believe me when all I asked for was iv fluids and was refused only to end up in the hospital and have to get stuck 12 times because I was so dehydrated, I have had to deal with so much worse. It's one thing when strangers don't believe you, but I had strangers from all over come up to me and encourage me when I was at my lowest points. But when someone who is supposed to care about you can only think the worst of you, that hurts real bad. Especially when everything is documented, even in a medical research study by a world renowned expert. You try not to let it bother you because you know stress amplifies your symptoms but when all you want is a loving relationship and all you get is venom and hatred, it is never easy. I am so thankful for the amazing, loving people in my life. I am also learning to forgive those who hurt me so deeply. It's not easy, nor automatic, but it is necessary for many reasons. First God sent His only Son to die so that we could spend eternity with Him so what right do we have to hold anything against anyone? Second God teaches us to forgive because He knows unforgiveness only hurts us and leads to bitterness which causes us to hurt someone. By letting go of our pain we are less likely to inflict pain on others. God's ways are higher than our ways and even with all of the wisdom in the world we cannot understand Him. He has allowed, not caused but allowed this pain in your life so are you going to hold it against Him? If not, and the answer is not, then you cannot hold it against the person who hurt you. I do hope and pray those who hurt me see the truth and have a tiny understanding of what I have gone through. I would never want them to know the pain and suffering my disease caused, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. They are the ones missing out on this great blessing and I want them to be blessed. The thing about me is that I am an authentic, genuine person. I am the same no matter who you are, where you are or where I am. Those that truly know me know this. I don't have time for foolish games or being fake. I won't do it and I won't tolerate it. I am by no means perfect but I do strive to be better each and every day. I guess what this particular pain has taught me is the overwhelming desire to advocate for those who are in pain and told it is not real even by those who should be the closest to them. Anger is not the answer, forgiveness is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.