My Reason

My sweet Elijah has used every wish, every prayer, every day to ask for my complete healing. I knew in 2008 because God told me when I first started getting really sick that things were going to get much worse but He would heal me only when His timing is right and He receives the glory for my healing. For those of you that do not know, I have Idiopathic Gastroparesis caused by a genetic condition known as Autonomic Dysfunction. I am currently on IV nutrition through a central line and on several medications. I had a gastric pacer implanted in 2010 to alleviate some of my symptoms and it worked well for 6 months but my nerves quit responding and I finally had it removed this January. In other words it did get much worse. I start this blog now because I know God will not let my baby's faith die.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 275

Well, Hope's party turned out so great. I think everyone had a blast and the decorations were so beautiful thanks to Misty, Lexi, and Emma! I did way too much and am paying for it now but it was all worth it for my precious baby girl! I will put up pics very soon. I go to the doctor Friday and really hope I can get a handle on my symptoms. Clint is changing jobs next week and I know he will miss his family at the hospital but he can go eat lunch with them and see them whenever he wants. I really hope he loves his new job. At the very least he will have much more time at home with the family. I know his employer hates to see him go, but I am finally going to be able to get the medical care that I have been putting off for three years now. I thank God for that and I also thank God for bringing Clint's still current work family into our lives. They have been such a huge blessing for us and I know they have sent up many prayers for us. 
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be on a position to be able to help my family and friends. I lift them up in prayer, and my sweet sister's family really needs some extra prayer. I want nothing more than to be able to make everything all better and I truly believe God will give us that opportunity the same way I know He will heal me! I don't know when, but He has never let us down, and when I think I can't take anymore He gives me peace. When things finally do happen it turns out that His timing is always the best in the world! He has shown us that over and over again. He has put amazing people in our lives that I could never thank enough for all they have done for my family. God taught me a long time ago not to worry but He has also put people in our lives to remind us how true He is. I trust Him with every ounce of my being and I know the vision He has put into my heart will happen.  A very long time ago when neither Clint or I had a job and we lost our business we went from waking up with the weight of the world on our shoulders asking, "What are we going to do today?" To waking up with peace and joy in our hearts saying, "What is God going to do today!" I am back to the second question and loving every minute of it. My biggest prayer is that when God puts us in a different position then we will remember relying on God from day to day and keep that in the center of our lives. I have watched Him use me to touch so many lives, young and old, as long as I got out of the way and let God work through me and I want that now more than ever. I will continue to keep you informed on my medical condition, but I am going to try to do it with a cheerful spirit, with joy in my heart, and light in my life! Here is something kind of funny, when I worked at the bank I always had a smile from my heart and when someone asks how I was the answer was always, "wonderful". I can remember one person once asked me if I was in a cult because I was so full of joy. I want nothing more than to be that Betsy again, and no I was not in a cult, I just prayed everyday that I would grow closer and closer to God, so close that not even a speck of dust could come between Us or my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to comment now. I think I fixed it, my first blog so bear with me.